Dry storage system
The Rubena Dry Storage System can be used to protect a multitude of high value assets including military hardware, ammunition, emergency equipment such as generators, pumps and compressors, medical equipment and just about any high value asset that may be used only periodically. This enables assets to be decentralised and stored where they will be required resulting in rapid deployment when needed. The system has been proven in arctic, desert, dry and humid ambient conditions. NATO standard camouflage netting can also be incorporated.
Each Dry Storage System unit is supplied with a base and rail, an inflatable sealing tube, a two-ply butyl cover, protection material, inflation and vacuum connections, desiccant bags to remove any remaining moisture and sensors to connect a hand-held portable hygrometer. Depending upon the application, wooden or polymer flooring will be included to absorb the static weight of the asset being protected.
Optional accessories include a hand-held hygrometer compressor/vacuum pump and associated hoses, spare desiccant bags supplied in a sealed package and a specific packing crate to store the system when not in use. Installation is simple and quick utilising a minimum of labour and once the asset is installed inside the Dry Storage System, it is protected against atmospheric degradation for long periods thereby extending the asset’s expected life. The system has a design life in excess of 20 years and can be used over and over again leading to a versatile, durable and robust protection system.
- Significantly prolongs the life of the stored asset and thereby offers a very short return on investment.
- Asset is available for almost immediate use when removed from the Dry Storage System.
- Assets can be decentralised and stored where they are likely to be needed.
- Designed for long life using best available materials of construction designed for -40°C to +120°C and with high UV and Ozone protection.
- Suitable for almost any location and eliminates the need for expensive climate controlled buildings.
- Easily rigged and derigged using minimum amount of labour.
- Can be reused many times and for a variety of assets.
- Extremely low maintenance and site repairable.
- Minimum site tooling required so can be utilised in very remote locations.